The Encorepreneur Cafe (EPC) has an opening for the position of Program Manager.
We’re looking for a responsible individual who is passionate about fostering productive relationships with active seniors and cultivating community supporters. This person will enjoy using his creative talents, resourcefulness and people skills to inspire others to participate in our programs and activities at EPC.
EPC is an inter-generational community. We aim to be an age-friendly community hub for people to get together to know each other, share and stimulate creative ideas, and explore ways to incorporate them into rewarding experience.
EPC also values its Japanese heritage and is a center for Japanese culture. Together with participants, we explore opportunities to share and further our appreciation of diverse people and culture.
Past programs and collaborations have included Mahjong and Riichi, Japanese Conversation, Needle Felting, Sumi-e Ink Painting, Mochi Making, Japanese Film Club, Qigong, Breathwork and Movement, Shodo, Senior Employment Resources, Conversation Club, and more.
- Help cultivate an outreach plan for our intended audiences. Develop community network, and promote interaction among our clients.
- Develop programs and activities in accordance with the mission and goals of the organization.
- Interview, recruit, and support individuals to lead classes and workshops.
- Inspire others to participate in our programs and activities
- Communicate regularly with all associates and provide weekly activity reports.
- Collaborate with Sales and Marketing Manager to Develop and implement formal program evaluation and improvement process (PDCA) using spreadsheets and correspondence.
- Manage these programs
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with 2-5 years of experience in the field of program management, senior services, or cultural services.
- Communicate in both English and Japanese
- Experience with or ability to learn about online learning and event technologies.
- Experience in event planning and promotion.
- Understanding of issues and needs of active seniors who wants to continue productive activities beyond full-time employment.
- Demonstrated ability to develop relationships and networking. Willingness to provide excellent customer service.
- Patient and able to listen carefully to analyze the wants and needs of clients.
- Outgoing and not afraid of trying new things and experimenting.
- Able to share the passion of our mission and value system to other people.
- Good working ethic and be able to work independently. Able to work together with the co-workers and with our clients.
This is a non-exempt, part-time position (20 hours per week) and the compensation will be commensurate with experience.
To apply, please submit a resume to email@example.com. A cover letter is welcome but optional. If you have questions or need further information, please contact us at
firstname.lastname@example.org or (503) 954-2837.