Thursday, August 2nd
6pm – 9pm
at the Encorepreneur Cafe
1548 NE 15th Ave. Portland OR 97232
This workshop is FREE. No registration required.
Philosopher Jean Paul Sartre states “Hell is other people.” This is understandable on the days when you want to make great work but everyone just seem to be in your way. Perhaps you have not found the kind of work that makes your heart sing while making your rent. If only clients understood your value. If only co-workers gave you the opportunity to thrive.
Things can be different. In this workshop, you will be walked through the easy 3-step process to dramatically improve your communication skills to discover opportunities. The simple 2-step process to significant reduce conflict in your collaborations. At the end this journey, you will walk away with a personalized action plan to discover, covert, and maintain creative opportunities that make your heart sign and ensure you can make rent.
What the workshop would cover:
• How weak communication skills hurt your capacity to discover, covert, and maintain business opportunities.
• The easy 3-step process to dramatically improve your communication skills to discover opportunities
• The simple 2-step process to significant reduce conflict in your collaborations
• The one key idea to collaborate effectively with experts outside your field while still maintaining your professional integrity.
• A personalized action plan to discover, covert, and maintain business opportunities.
Thomas Jockin is a typeface designer interested in typography’s role in communication. He is the founder of TypeThursday, a global type superfamily that converges monthly to help one another improve our letterforms over drinks. Thomas is an adjunct lecturer for CUNY Queens College, City College and SUNY Fashion Institute for Technology. When not drawing, talking, or teaching type, Thomas is an amateur boxer.