Inquiry: Do I want to be an ENCOREPRENEUR?
The first workshop of “Do I want to be an ENCOREPRENEUR?” workshop series.
Some of what we will talk about includes: the state of employment, entrepreneurship, and older workers in today’s work culture; types of employment Vs self-employment; why you might want to become an Encorepreneur (an entrepreneur who is an older person); why Encorepreneurship is right for you; further exploratory workshops; and, what the SBDC and The Encorepreneur Cafe can do for you.
Thursday, March 2, 2017 2-4 pm
at The Encorepreneur Cafe
1548 NE 15th Ave. Portland OR 97232
Participation in the workshop includes one month free rent at the Encorepreneur Cafe.
Workshop Fee: $30
Instructor: Annette Lansing
– Gerontology Special Project Coordinator – Portland Community College (PCC) Gerontology Program
– Co-Author Managing YOUR Career in Aging, text for Gerontology Program’s Career Management Courses
– Co-Developer of the Gerontology D2L ePortfolio and Homeroom
– Developer and writer on the ELA(Encore Learner Adaptation) website and curriculum
– Peer Mentor / Teaching Assistant – PCC Gerontology Program
– ReCareer Support and Owner – reVision Careers, Beaverton
– Instructor: Beginning Clay Handbuilding for Ages 55 and Better – Multnomah Arts Center, Portland
– Job Developer – Reigel Vocational Consultation, Portland
– Product Manager / Project Manager / Customer Service / Sales Service – DiversiForm, Inc., a Division of Reynolds and Reynolds, Beaverton